Cyanuric Acid Reducer
The Bio-Active Cyanuric Acid Reducer is a potent blend of all-natural microorganisms, enzymes, and cofactors optimized for removing Cyanuric Acid from the swimming pool. This formula delivers the active microbial form, and these biocatalysts are then freeze dried in powder and reactivate upon mixing with water.
This unique blend converts organic wastes into harmless nitrogen and carbon dioxide gas, which escape into the air. Unlike harmful chemicals, it leaves no residuals that damage the environment.
What is Cyanuric Acid & why is it bad?
Introduction Cyanuric acid is added to swimming pools to stabilize the chlorine levels. Without it, chlorine would rapidly degrade when exposed to the sun’s ultra-violet rays. Cyanuric acid is also known as a conditioner or chlorine stabilizer. Approximately 10% of dichloro (powdered chlorine) or trichlor (tablets) is cyanuric acid.
Over time, the use of stabilized chlorine causes cyanuric acid levels to build up, making the chlorine less effective in sanitizing pool water.
When the concentration exceeds 100 ppm, the current practice is to drain the pool half way and add new water. This routine can waste water and use electricity in pumping the water out (and refilling it). Recommended Cyanuric Acid Levels current industry and government recommendations are to maintain cyanuric acid levels at a minimum of 30 ppm (parts per million) and a maximum of 100 ppm. At lower levels the chlorine is more effective, however it evaporates faster; At higher levels the chlorine is less efficient and evaporates slower.
How Does Bio-Active Work?
Bio-Active is a biological approach to safely and efficiently reducing cyanuric acid levels in swimming pools. Using powerful catalysts, Bio-Active merely accelerates the natural pathways of degradation for cyanuric acid.
- All Bio-Active™ pool products are all-natural and nontoxic, non-allergenic and nonpolluting.
- Both the cyanuric acid and Bio-Active are biodegradable resulting in no residue left in the pool after use.
- Bio-Active will not disturb pool chemistry or cause disruption to the water use or water clarity.
- Using a different feedback loop, Bio-Active will reduce cyanuric acid levels without removing all stabilizer from the pool.
- In typical applications, cyanuric acid levels reduce to within the recommended target levels.
- 8 oz Bag.
Product application is very easy:
- Simply pour the required dosage directly into your skimmer box while running your filter, for a minimum of two to four hours after dosing for best results.